The Florence Frager Young Artist Competition, which started in the mid-70s and was named after a member’s mother in 1993, has allowed the Civic to support young talent in the community and showcase them with a full symphonic orchestra for over 40 years.
Information for Applicants
Qualifications – An applicant shall:
- Be a senior high school student in grades 9-12.
- Be an orchestral instrumentalist.
- Complete the above application.
- Reside within a 150-mile radius of St. Louis
Auditions – An applicant shall:
- Perform from memory a movement from a work in the advanced concert repertoire that is scored for orchestral accompaniment.
- Audition for ten minutes maximum on Sunday evening, Nov. 20, 2016. (Auditions will be at St. Paul’s Evangelical Church from 5 to 8 p.m.)
- Supply an accompanist.
- Bring two copies of the music for the judges without any names on the copies.
The judges shall choose no more than three winners. The winner(s) shall receive an honorarium and perform as soloist(s) with the St. Louis Civic Orchestra at its scholarship concert on Sunday, April 23, 2017, at 3 p.m.
For information, email or call Daniel Shavers at firstname.lastname@example.org 314-679-0291.
Applicants should submit the application either:
- Send to:
St. Louis Civic Orchestra
P.O. Box 410053
St. Louis, MO 63141
- Email to email@example.com
Applications must be received by Nov. 16, but only the first 15 will be accepted.